Tuesday 11 October 2016

The Entire Ocean In A Drop





In order to experience being the entire ocean in a drop, we have to give up our identities.  Wear them loosely, like outer garments to be worn when required, but hung on the wall, when not.

We cling to identities for security, significance, belonging -- to escape our insignificance, our weakness, our loneliness, our fear. But identities end up limiting us, making us mediocre and unauthentic, and alienate us and cut us off from the vastness that is our potential.

If my "identity" does not have a practical use (like a passport that allows me to travel) or is not a transformational practice (like islam) which takes me towards understanding, compassion, peace and the fulfillment of becoming "the entire ocean in a drop."  then I have to ask myself why I am clinging to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment