Thursday 25 August 2016

Generosity II






This morning i was communicating with someone who is dealing with huge challenges on many fronts.  Without going into details, I want to stress that I do not use these words - huge challenges on many fronts - lightly and I do not exaggerate.  This person has their plate full to overflowing with challenges that they must deal with alone.

I offered some little help but the person said they would not take something for nothing; they would only take what I offered if they could make a contribution in return.  

How often do we complain about our little aches and pains, our dashed hopes and fantasies of vacations and material goods, about the petty behaviour of others, about the amount of work we have to do?  

And here is a human being who is offering to do do MORE, despite what they must confront, with great difficulty, every day of their lives.

I am filled with admiration and respect.  And my faith in humanity, in the Divine Generosity behind All This, is once again reaffirmed.

Alhamdolillah<3

image with thanks via Iraj Jahanshahi on Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment